Thursday, January 27, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 27

The number one question that I am asked about Noelle is "How old will she be?".  It's strange to respond "I don't know...somewhere between 0 to 12 months".  Then comes the explanation that when adopting internationally you specify the gender and age range of the child you "want".  There are many reasons that Jason and I decided to adopt a girl from the Democratic Republic of Congo from that age range.  (1) We "chose" a girl for obvious reasons like I still have every stitch of clothing that Cora has worn up to this point. (2) I like to say that the DRC chose us (will expound in an upcoming post). (3) Almost all adoption agencies suggest that adoptive parents follow the birth order of their biological children.  As you have been reading, our daughter Cora is four years old.  Cora was a big factor in choosing our age range.  We knew that she would also have a bonding process to go through with her little sister.  If we adopted a toddler we thought that it could possibly complicate the relationship building between Cora and Noelle.  I believe that I mentioned in a previous post the two main concerns Cora had with this adoption.  She wanted to know if we would still love her and would the baby try to play with her toys (surprisingly in that order since at Thanksgiving, Cora listed toys as the thing she was the most thankful for).  All three of us are adopting Noelle.  We will each share a unique bond with her.  As I see children everyday, I think about how old Noelle is at this moment and long to pick her up in my arms and carry her home.

Psalm 105:43
43 He brought out His people with joy,
         His chosen ones with gladness.

Lord, Thank You for wanting a special relationship with us and for choosing to bring us out of this world.  Be with us as we wait for our Noelle to come home.  Give us grace to be patient as we await the joy to come.  We praise and glorify Your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment