Wednesday, January 12, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 12

Cora and I had a mother-daughter day today.  We went to a movie and to get ice cream.  We listened to Cora's favorite songs on the way there and Cora fell asleep on the trip home.  Periodically, I thought of our girl's day out plus one.  Next year will hold me and the girls days.  You know, those days when you go out for special treats or just stay in your pj's, watch movies, and eat popcorn at home all day.  Perhaps make cupcakes for Daddy or color Nana a picture.  I anticipate all these moments plus one more precious little girl to add to the excitement.  I look forward to planning another birthday party, reading new favorite books, and making up new songs to sing.  One question from our homestudy parenting questionnaire asks "What activities do you envision doing with your child?".  I think this is a good start to a lifelong list of memories.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. 

Father, Thank you for loving me as your daughter and for treasuring the times that we spend together just as I hold dear the times I have and will have with my own children.  Help me to focus on the positive experiences to come and to know that You will help me through any rough spots along the way.  I praise You for the works Your hands have made. I love You, Abba Father.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment