Tuesday, January 25, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 25

I am currently reading the book 'Wild at Heart' by John Eldridge. I have had this book for sometime but have never finished it. In the book, Eldridge writes about how man was created in the wilderness, not in the garden. I am an outdoors kind of guy myself, so its easy for me to relate to stuff like hiking, canoeing, and camping in wilderness areas. My mind wanders off to the DRC. I think about the vast jungle and the great Congo River. I would love to see the natural beauty of that country. From there, I think about not only the natural beauty in the Congo but also its natural resources. God has blessed the DRC with an abundance of natural resources, but sadly because of so much of man's greed and corruption, they have never been able to tap into these resources. In an article on ForbesCustom.com by Paul Trustfull, he write "The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is a vast country with high agricultural potential. It is rich in natural resources, with an estimated $24 trillion worth of untapped deposits of raw mineral ores, including the world’s largest reserves of cobalt and significant quantities of the world’s diamonds, gold and copper. For many years, the DRC has suffered from extreme poverty pitted against extreme wealth." The DRC is currently the second poorest country on Earth. It saddens me to think how many lives in the DRC could be so different if not for the sins of man and it is the children who suffer the most.

Proverbs 10:2,3

 2 Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value,
   but righteousness delivers from death.

 3 The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry,
   but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.



God, we thank you for having a place to live where we don't worry about our next meal or have a constant threat of random violence. We pray for the country of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. We pray for peace in that country and a spiritual revival to sweep their land. That they cry out to You and wisely use what You have provided for them. So they may prosper for the sake of their innocent children. We pray that every orphanage in the DRC is emptied as a result of Your blessings. In Your name we pray. Amen


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you when I read this last week and forgot to leave it for you. I don't know how to insert a hyperlink so I'll just paste it and you can copy and paste it.

    http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/equipping-pastors-in-the-democratic-republic-of-the-congo

    ReplyDelete