Wednesday, January 19, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 19

**  I apologize for the post being later tonight than usual. It has been a crazy evening. I will try and keep it short and sweet. **


Back on day 13, I talked about the awesomeness of God. I gave some examples of just how vast and holy He is. I followed that with some thoughts about how he knows and cares for us. Then on day 16, I wrote about our priorities and how my views on life are changing. Today, I want to build on these thoughts. I've discussed thoughts on who God is but I want us to look more at who we are. What is our purpose? Is it to attend church regularly, be a "good" person, and as Francis Chan puts it, "try not to cuss". It is more than that. Everyone's purpose or will in life is exactly the same. To serve God with everything in you. We all have a desire in our hearts to do something amazing, to really make a difference in this world. The only way to do that is through Him. I am preaching to myself here. Things I know I should do, I don't for lots of reasons. I have bills to pay, or obligations, and all kinds of responsibilities covering this and that. Do we take the time to really think about what is truly important? I know that with this adoption we are doing something that God wants us to do. We are stepping out in faith because we have a lot of unanswered questions. Where will the money come from? What happens if we have "roadblocks" in the Congo and have to stay longer than expected? How will we handle any attachment issues? We don't have the answers, but God does and He will work these out in His time as long as we serve Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6

 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.


Heavenly Father, we love You and worship You. We are here for one purpose and that is to serve You. We pray for Your provision as we proceed through this adoption. You will make the crooked path straight, and for that, we thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment