Well, I know it has been a long time and I apologize. We have been completely swamped with life the last couple of months. For some reason I assumed that we had a spare five minutes in our daily routine and have returned to school full time. Things are starting to calm down a little, now that Jessica is out for the summer. Her schedule has opened up a lot and I am starting to balance out the school schedule.
Now about the adoption process. We are making progress:
- We are currently working on our dossier. This is a package of documents that has been requested by the Congolese government. We should have all of these accumulated in the next couple of weeks with the exception of our USCIS approval (I will mention that in another bullet). **If anyone is a notary in our area and would be willing to swing by my work to notarize something, it would be greatly appreciated** **Also, if anyone knows a way to get a notarized proof of residence, let me know. We are having a little trouble here as well.**
- We have applied to USCIS (U.S. Customs & Immigration Service) and they have received our application. We are awaiting our appointment to go to Atlanta to have our fingerprints taken. This approval will be what determines how long it takes to submit our dossier.
- The DR Congo is now requiring copies of our passports to go with the dossier, so we have sent to have Jessica's updated.
- We are still awaiting word on grant approval. Please pray that we receive favor.
- The t-shirt fund raiser has been going great and if you want one, please let me know. We are going to have a booth at the Etowah 4th of July. We will be selling t-shirts and have information raising awareness about the issues affecting the DR Congo. www.raisehopeforcongo.org
- Also, we have started a couple of adoption auctions on eBay. Check them out if you are interested. eBay Adoption Auctions
Thank you for all of your prayers. We are getting very close to the point to getting our referral of Noelle. Once we get the referral, we will complete our 90 Days for Noelle devotional. We truly appreciate all the support we have received and we will try and do better about keeping everyone update about what is going on.
1 Peter 5:9-119 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 11 All power to him forever! Amen.