Tuesday, January 11, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 11

In November, I received a phone call from Bobbie our Sunday School teacher. She asked me if I would be interested in subbing for her in a couple of weeks because she was going to be out. Those that know me know that this is not my cup of tea. Jessica is the teacher in the family, not me. I did not know exactly how to respond and then she let me know that she just felt led to ask me. Then she asked if there was something on my heart I would like to share. God knew what was on my heart. She called during the time that Jessica and I had just made the decision to adopt. We had been researching and praying about it, but had not made it public yet. We had only shared it with a few close friends and had not told our families yet. In other words, YES there was definitely something on my heart. I spoke on how, as children of God, we are all adopted. We are adopted by Him and we can call Him father. I won't reteach the lesson that I did that morning (not now anyways), but what I do want to write about is confirmation. When you step out in faith, the flesh feels uncertainty. God knows us and knows we need affirmation and encouragement to keep us focused on Him. It seems like since we have made this decision to adopt it has been a roller coaster. I am thankful that after every low point or hurdle, God has been there to lift our heads and to help us focus on Him. It's almost as if we have received confirmation that we are doing the right thing everyday. When Bobbie asked me to teach because she felt led to do so and asked if there was something on my heart, that was confirmation for me. There have been things that have been crazy in our lives for months (can't go into details here) that just seemed to straighten out after we made this decision, that was an example of confirmation for us. In just little things, we have found confirmation from God. It may be from a sermon, a song, or even a comment or Facebook message.These things keep us encouraged and uplifted and we thank God for that.

Psalm 3:3 

But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.


God, thank you for keeping us focused on You and Your promises. You are faithful and Your word is true. We praise you for who You are. You are God. We ask that through trials and hard times along this journey that You place those in our path to encourage us and let us know that we are doing Your will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment