Tuesday, February 8, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 39

Well today has been an encouragement. We have been pondering over a decision in our adoption and today, God opened doors for us. Thank you so much for the prayers we have received because today we saw answers. This is a very hard post for us because we can't say what we want to. I will elaborate more in the future but for now all I can say is... thank you. The day started with struggles and less than encouraging words from others about our adoption, but at 5:00 I received a call that gave us the "sign" we were looking for. On top of that, we received information that confirmed to us that God had shown up during that same call. It is so funny how God handles us when we face things in our lives. We look for answers, exhausting all of our human means, trying to make something happen. While all the time all we really need to do is to slow down, step back, and let God handle it. Twice in the past week or so I have talked with other Christians about problems in their lives and told them, "it will happen in God's time". I think God gave me these words to say so that I could hear it myself. I know it's another short one but, if I keep talking I will say too much. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Jeremiah 33:2,3
2 “This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Father God, we thank You for hearing our prayers. We praise You for showing up in our times of need. We love You, Father. Thank You for leading us in this adoption. We depend on You for all things and above all we give You thanks. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Jason & Jessica,
    We are also adopting from the congo and using the same agency. I would love to chat over email sometime. If you get a chance to email me that would be great.
    Becky
    beckyawitt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete