Thursday, February 3, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 34

When we blog about Noelle, we usually talk about her current state or when we get her home. I want to talk briefly about her future. We have both mentioned about the classes we are currently taking and how they discuss common health and emotional issues associated with adoption. When she arrives home, she will probably have a few set backs, but we know our God is bigger than that. We believe she will be blessed and overcome anything that this world may say would hold her back. She will not only catch up, but even pass up. I believe she will do great things....I know she will do great things. Recently, at a church gathering, my cousin was in visiting. I don't see him very often because he lives an hour away. He is a good Christian man, but he hasn't always been that way. He has had some issues in his past, but all that is in his past. I love his testimony and he is a blessing to me. Anyway, back to my point, he approached us and said that he had heard about our adoption and that he thinks it's great. Then he said something that really stuck with me. He said, "She may just be the next Billy Graham to Africa". That's when I realized, I don't just need to pray for her in the "now" or in the "next day", but also way on down the road, deep into her future.

Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 

God, tonight we pray for our Noelle. We pray not only for her well being now, her current protection, and her safe trip home, but we pray for her entire life. That in her future You continue to bless her and that she will do great things for You. We pray this in Your holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment