Saturday, February 5, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 36

Tonight is one of those nights of the year that Cora gets super excited about. Tonight is the annual 'Daddy Daughter Dance'. She has been talking about it all week. In fact, as soon as we got home yesterday, she had me in the closet pulling out every tie I own (which isn't that many) so she could pick the "perfect" one. This is one of those events I look forward to being able to share with Noelle as well. It will probably be a couple of years before she will be ready and old enough to go though. Cora is really starting to warm up to the idea of getting a baby sister, but she has had some "concerned" questions this week in regards to the dance. She asked, "Will you still take me to the Daddy Daughter Dance when Noelle gets here?" I told her of course I will. I will just have to go to two of them, one with Noelle and one with her. (they have 3 or 4 on the same weekend) Now, all of Cora's life she has always said, "I get to go first because I am the youngest". This time she thought about it and replied, "Well I have to go first because I will be the oldest". I said we will work it out. I have to admit, I think I enjoy the dance as much as she does if not more so. I know that these moments spent with my girls will be over before I know it and I want to cherish each one. Now time to get ready, I have a date.

Psalm 127:3-5

  3-5 Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
      the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
   Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
      are the children of a vigorous youth.
   Oh, how blessed are you parents,
      with your quivers full of children!
   Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; 

Thank you God for the blessing of children. To be able to shape and mold their lives and raise them as You would have us to. We know that children hold a special place in Your heart because of all the references of them in Your word. Father, let these moments we share with our children bind us together in Your Love. In Your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment