Wednesday, February 2, 2011

90 Days for Noelle - Day 33

The recurring theme for today seems to be "Daddy". Let me explain. I am currently reading the book, 'Wild at Heart' by John Eldridge. It is about what it means to be a manly Christian, and of course talks about the roles and influence of fathers. Then at church tonight, the topic of "daddy" came up. We are currently doing a series on 'Crazy Love' by Francis Chan. We talked about the love of the Father for us. Scott (my brother & pastor) talked about our dad and how we were so blessed to have an awesome dad. I know other people have great dad's, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are not as great as mine....Anyway, I digress. One of the study questions presented tonight was, "Do you remember when you "got it"? When you first realized you loved God with all heart, mind, and soul?" I thought about this for a few moments and realized mine. I will condense it for you. It was the day Cora was born. Jessica had a rough pregnancy and was 10 days over due. She was having contractions, so off we go to the hospital. From the time we walked in the door until Cora was born was a whirlwind. They took vitals and discovered neither Cora or Jessica was doing very good. In just minutes they had rushed Jessica back for an emergency C-section. Everything happened so fast it was constant chaos, nurses running everywhere, machines beeping, then.......silence. They were gone and I was left standing in a hospital room, all alone. All kinds of thoughts were running through my mind. All I knew to do was start praying. As I prayed, I began to feel peace. I began to feel God's love. I heard God speak to my spirit and say, "It's time to be Daddy". That was my "got it" moment. I knew to be the father I needed to be, I had to love God with everything within me. I want to be the the best husband and father I can be. I know I am/will be responsible for three (at least) beautiful girls. I want Cora and Noelle to be able to say one day that they can understand their Heavenly Father's love because of their Earthly father's example.

1 John 3:1

 1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! …

Dear Lord, thank You for loving us as our father. I pray that you lead me as the father of our household and to be strong in You. Let me be an example of Your love to Cora and Noelle and all of my children. I pray they see Your love through me and do great things for You. In Your name we pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Jason,
    You are an example to your own children as well as others that see the way you and Jessica live. I know that she has blessed many childrens lives already, and I pray for all of you. There is always a child watching, no matter if it is our own children, or someone elses. I don't always set a good example for my own children, and it is a blessing to know that there are wonderful people like you and Jessica out there! Amy Lick

    ReplyDelete